Reviewed By: Siobhán
Source: Bought
Genre:  YA Fantasy, Mythology
Shelfability: Acquire

Description:
When Serafina, a mermaid of the Mediterranean Sea, awakens on the morning of her betrothal, her biggest worry should be about reuniting with handsome Prince Mahdi, her childhood crush. Instead she finds herself haunted by strange dreams foretelling the return of an ancient evil, and dealing with the deaths of her parents as assassins storm the betrothal ceremony, plunging the city into chaos.

Led only by her shadowy dreams and pursued by the invading army, Serafina and her best friend Neela embark on a quest to avenge her parents' death and prevent a war between the mer nations. In the process they discover a plot that threatens their - and our - world's very existence.

Deep Blue is the first book in a new Mermaid fantasy series for teens but it can appeal to adults aswell! I am not one to read mermaid books I think I have only even read one other series involving Mermaids, "Fins" by Tera Lynn Childs and those were really fun and light hearted reads. Deep Blue is completely different! It's more grown up and serious. With a fascinating plot that is completely mesmerising. However , at times the characters do come around a little bit childish.

Continue Reading -->