Shatter Me - Tahereh Mafi
Blog Post: http://totallybookalicious.blogspot.com/2012/01/shatter-me-shatter-me-1-by-tahereh-mafi.htmlI have been sitting for a maybe 3/4 days trying to do this review and I have come to the conclusion that it probably isn't going to happen. I adore this book so much that I actually can't form the words to give this the type of review it deserves. Now this doesn't happen to me that often. Usually when I am in love with a book I can gush forever. But this completely blew me away that I have no word!! However, here goes. Shatter Me is about Juliette a 17 year old girl who has a power that if she touches someone they could die. She has been locked up for 264 days. With no human contact, until one day she gets cellmate; Adam who has a hidden secret. And Juliette's life is turned upside down as The Reestablishment want to her weapon. The plot, the setting, the characters, the cover!. OMG. I feel in love straight away with the story that Tahereh Mafi has created. The wrting style does take a bit getting used to as its quite different but brilliant! Juliette has such an unique voice that really makes her stand out against your typical YA heroine. She is fragile yet very fierce when she needs to be. I adore her. Trying to describe her is hard without giving away spoilers but she reminds of Rogue for Xmen with the curse power she has. When we are introduced to Adam, her cellmate. Once again I fell in love. Especially the more the story continues and the more we learn about him and his past. Shatter Me really did lived up to my expectations and more. The plot is totally different and quite dark at times which I find fantastic. I love my books dark. YA Dystopian is my thing just now, and even though I haven't read many of them, Shatter Me is probably in my top 5 because it is so unique and fast paced and thrilling that I just couldn't put this book down. Tahereh Mafi has created a flawless debut that is so beautifully written it will completely mesmerize the readers from start to finish. And no doubt blow you away and leave you speechless like me!